Sunday, 11 March 2012

You're Eggstra Special

Good morning, my blog-buddies. I have a card for you today. I know! Another Sunday post! Will wonders never cease! I'm quite excited to share this with you because it's my first for 2 challenges that I've had my eye on for a while but never plucked up the courage to enter, until now. Talking about Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge and Just Add Ink.











I've taken the super cute Sketch 88 from WMS and paired it with JAI's Colour Challenge 108 and came up with this dinky little Easter number.


The DP is from "Summer's End" 6x6 pack by Fancy Pants. What luck - it has all the required colours!


Those delectable eggs and greeting are from WMS's Spring Basket set. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured then in with Promarkers. Then I layered the eggs on die-cuts; I used Spellbinders Labels 13 and 14. I stamped the blue border on the Label 14 die-cut with WMS Holiday Labels 14.  And, because I never know when to stop, I added a blue ribbon on one egg.


Being a compulsive stitcher, this card was not spared the treatment. I also threw in some shiny blue brads. 


You know by now I rarely leave the insides unattended. Besides, I had a spare egg that needed a home. 


That's all from me today. Hope you have a restful Sunday and I'll see you tomorrow.  In the meantime, swing by Make It Monday for some lovely creations.

Beijinhos!

BRAG UPDATE: Guess what, my friends! I got an Honourable Mention from the uber-talented ladies at Just Add Ink. Thank you, kindly! Visit their blog and see some truly spectacular creations!

25 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful! Love the way you framed the beautiful eggs, and the sheer ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Asha this is so pretty! I love the eggs layered on those nesties! The colors are so elegant! Can't forget the sweet little egg tucked in the border on the inside! Oh, and the sweet bow on the middle egg :) So glad you joined the WMSC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Easter card Asha! I love your eggs - they look good enough to eat! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink! Cheers Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty, pretty! love the browns and blues on your eggs and lovely paper! thanks so much for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Asha! That paper is glorious. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Asha! Love the elegant colours you've used! Came over from MIM!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty Easter card. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and the colors. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fabulous! Love the colour combination - very elegant. The easter eggs are great on those labels. Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dinky little Easter number is a beautiful creation .love that paper and your layout
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the funky Vintage style of your card Asha, beautifully done! Thanks for playing at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Asha

    Great Easter card! Love your take on the sketch.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    (Don't forget to link back to Make It Monday in your post too.)

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute! Love the pop of blue sheer ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous hun, Lovely Easter card, your colouring and design are fabulous!!
    Saw this on MIM..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! Love those little eggs and the wonderful colours. Those papers are very pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!
    Those eggs are just perfect for this...
    they add such a fun element to the sketch!
    And love the pretty papers...
    and the colors are just divine!
    I'm so glad you decided to join us at WMSC and hope to see more beautiful creations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Asha, I really love the layering on the die cuts. The colour of the die cut card stock really draws the colour out in the eggs. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card Asha, it's gorgeous! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh such an adorable card! The colours you have used are fab and the little eggs look fab Kx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colors on this card and thanks for showing the inside! (I often skip that :D) Saw you on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous stamping, and I love how you have framed the eggs, great work! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow what a fabulous card for the upcoming holiday and the colors are perfect! I saw your work on MIM Thanks for Sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty Asha! Love how each egg has it's own little frame:) Love that background paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! This is stunning!!! I love all the layers and colors! What a great card! Thank you for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card Asha, I love using brown I think it's my favourite colour to work with, it goes with everything! Popped over from MIM + your comment on my blog :) (thanks for dropping by!)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...