Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Chocolate Baroque: Russian Floral

Hello, everyone. Hope you had an amazing Easter break. Now that the Easter celebrations are over, perhaps you are able to squeeze in a spot of therapeutic crafting.  And to inspire you here's a project featuring the new Russian Floral Egg. Can you detect a hint of Faberge?


This good egg came together in 5 easy steps.

  1. Stamp the Russian Floral Egg onto a piece of blue cardstock using Versamark.
  2. Apply WOW Gold Rich EP and heat set.
  3. Colour the egg with Faber-Castell Polychromo pencils. Fill in the open spaces, add shading around the embossed areas for a sense of dimension.
  4. Apply a dusting of Distress Inks around the card to achieve a "velvety" effect. I used Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves
  5. Finally, frame the egg by stamping the four corners of the cardstock with a stamp from Breath of Spring and VersaFine Imperial Purple. Embellish the egg with pale purple bling. 
Here's a closer look at the egg. I am blown away by the intricate design and the clean, crisp stamping.  It really is a joy to colour. In five easy steps, you could start your very own collection of Fabragé inspired eggs.


Challenges:
WOW Embossing April: Fave Embossing Technique
Make My Monday #44: Heat or Dry Embossing
Crafting From The Heart #155: AG
PINspirational #188: Photo Inspiration (decorated egg)
TTCRD April 18: AG


Hubby is home for Easter and I'm up there on Cloud #9! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today. Have an amazing day.

Beijinhos!

19 comments:

  1. This is stunning Asha, love the colours! Enjoy your Easter break, especially with hubby
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this extraordinary egg, it's really a jewel as Faberge ones!! You have done a fabulous work with this stamp!! Amazing combo of gold and indigo tones!!! This is so inspiring, my friend!! A true Work of Art! I have already pinned it on CB blog! :D
    Hugs and enjoy your time with Carlos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore these rich colours Asha and the gold embossing sings out, and the corners frame the egg beautifully. Hope you had an enjoyable Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha.
    Your egg card is stunning. I love the colours you have used. It is certainly a great stamp.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so regal, super embossing, see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work Asha, I love the vivid colours and the use of the gold embossing powder, fabulous image of course, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this faberge egg inspired design. It looks like a million dollars of worth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Asha, wow this is just stunning. Love the gold effect you achieved. Well done. Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, just stunning. I just could stare at this all day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to deeply, deeply thank you for this most beautiful card because I feel like my mom is near me. My mom has dementia and, although she knows who I am and can recall a few things when prompted like when she created Faberge style eggs. She would create jewelry boxes out of goose eggs and even chicken eggs and I have a finch egg! The smaller the better was her specialty. She created many scenic eggs as well and often made all the interiors as well. After the A To Z Challenge is done, I will post a few of her pictures. The beautiful blue on your card is my favourite colour...I love blue and the. Your colouring with some purples and rich deep reds just create the jewels of those great eggs made by Faberge...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning egg and colours Asha..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - this is stunning! Fabulous embossing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should have known such talent.. this is incredibly stunning!! Seriously amazing work teamie.. I love Chocolate Barquoe... you did amazing stamp justice my friend.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely creation ;o) Thank you for joining our latest challenge over at PINspirational Challenges! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely stunning, like the embossing and the deep colors, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, wonderful artwork. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...